Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

RiWriting: The Adventure Begins - Origami Makes Useful Items and Gifts

Hi there!

Pardon the mess, the blog is brand new and under construction!
Lots of content is in the pipeline, but for a sneak preview, visit my Pinterest or  Facebook feeds.


source

I'm surprised to see you, reader, but since you're here, here's a taste of things to come: Practical Origami, where you'll find step-by-step instructions for practical, actually useful, everyday things.

These (and other origami items) make great, inexpensive-but-heartfelt gifts as well. Because they're so easy and fun to make, I like to use them as (and in) "anytime" gifts. I love to give gifts for all kinds of reasons! Gifts are a great way to show appreciation or affection, or to uplift someone who's discouraged. Gift-giving is one of the Five Love Languages![*]

Paper is actually a lot more durable than you'd expect, depending slightly on the kind you use. From the flimsiest tissue paper to tough card-stock, you can find the right material for a durable, useful item. Think about this: cereal boxes are made of layered paper! Try deconstructing one and see for yourself.

After you've finished making your home look like a recycling plant, you might just get curious and come back for a glimpse of everything else I'm going to post. (Either that or to rant at me for suggesting the cardboard deconstruction.)

I plan to post a bunch of different topics that interest me: cooking & recipes, game reviews & walkthroughs, gadget overviews, opinions, lifehacks, crafts & sewing, book & movie reviews, aggregated articles on topics I'm interested in at the time--whatever I can think of. The point of this blog is to have fun and practice writing regularly, and I don't expect I'll get many readers--but it will be wonderful if something I post is helpful or interesting to someone. 

Hoin you find stuff that interests you -- stay tuned if you like, there will be a lot more

RiWriting

*The word "love" here means "appreciation or affection or passion"--it's actually very vague and can refer to professional respect, friendship, family love, or passionate love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment